Army Day India Essay History Quotes Speech
Each nation must have some sort of defense mechanism that will not only man the international borders but will also wage a full scale attach on the enemy that exists, both inside and outside the nation. The responsibility to protect the international borders of India is placed in the hands of brave soldiers of army, navy and air force, who have pledged their lives in the service of the motherland. It is only just that the nation gives them the reorganization and respect they deserve. What can be a better way than to dedicate a day to celebrate their bravery and selfless deeds? That is why; the Indian government celebrates the National Army Day with pomp and grandeur.
Date of celebration
The National Army Day is an annual event that is celebrated on the 15th of January. Coming year, in 2018 India will celebrate the 70th National Army Day with all its glory. It is an event that marks the achievements and bravery of the solders and also salutes then for their sacrifices.
History of the Indian National Army Day
When India was under the British rule, the army was also placed under the charge of British generals. But all this was about to change with the declaration of India’s freedom. Just two years after the nation broke the chains of servitude, the British government officially handed over the charges of the Indian army into the hands of able Indian military personnel.
It was in 1949, on a cold 15th January morning that the papers were signed and the charge of Indian army passed into the hands of Lieutenant General K. M. Cariappa. From that day onwards, he was to perform the duties and responsibilities of India’s 1st Commander-in-Chief. Before this, the Indian army was commanded by General Sir Francis Butcher.
The day was very important in the history of Indian post-freedom movement. A nation becomes truly independent and capable of manning her borders when it has an army at its disposal. The Indian army has preserved the sovereignty and freedom of the nation intact on several occasions. Be it the war after partition or the Kargil wars, these brave hearts proudly hoisted the Indian national flag after banishing the enemies.
To remember and honor the deeds of these brave soldiers, the central government as well as the every army headquarter celebrates this day vigorously. The main celebration takes place in front of the President, Prime Minister and all other constitutional heads at India Gate, near the Amar Jawan Joti. Many programs take place to add to the celebrations.
How is the day celebrated?
- March past and parade – Both at New Delhi and at all army headquarters, dotted all over the nation, National Army Day celebrations starts with the official march past and parade. This is an event that on one should miss. It shows the coordination, discipline and confidence of the soldiers.
- Displaying their armory – During the celebration, the army also displays its excellent and modern armory. The high tech weapons and missiles are placed on display vehicles and shown to the public. It gives people an idea about the strength and capabilities of Indian army, navy and air force.
- Rewarding them for their service – At the end of the parade, the soldiers who have demonstrated immense courage in the face of adversity, or achieved something commendable are awarded for their services and bravery with medals and certificates. Posthumous medals are also handed over to the family members of deceased army personnel.
Objectives of celebrating the day
- Highlighting feats of the army – The foremost objective of celebrating the National Army Day is to highlight the several achievements of three sections of the armed forces. The common people are reminded of their services and sacrifices.
- Creating awareness among the commoners – The Indian Army has a specific motto. On this day, they parade in front of the people and make them aware that there is no greater honor than to serve the motherland. It also encourages youngsters to join the army.
- Recognizing bravery of soldiers – On this day, valiant soldiers are recognized for their brave deeds and other achievements in the field of sports and social service as well.
- Displaying the strength of the nation – Another objective of this celebration is to display the power of Indian armed forces. It is not done with the intention of striking fear in the hearts of other nations. It is a way of making the statement that we are capable of protecting our international borders.
- Honoring the martyrs – It is a day when the soldiers as well as the entire nation salutes the brave hearts who fell on the line of action. They laid down their lives but did not abandon their post. It is only just that the nation pays them respect in whatever manner it can.
The Indian Army, Navy and Air Force have been serving the nation since their inception. They do not think twice before marching on the battle field. They are ready to die or kill to protect the international boundaries. The government as well as the common people should do their part in giving the respect that these brave individuals deserve.
Quotes on National Army Day in India
- The citizens can enjoy all festivities with pomp and grandeur and have a peaceful night’s sleep as they know that the jawans on the borders will keep any treats out of the nation.
- Soldiers of the Indian Arm play an important part to keep the freedom and sovereignty of the nation intact.
- The soldiers who fight and lay down their lives on the battle field are the greatest heroes of all times.
- If you cannot respect the sacrifices of the members of the armed forces, then it is a direct insult to the nation.
- Each Indian Army jawan prioritizes service to the motherland more than his life. It is a gesture that only the true brave can make.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- ← Services
- ← Essay papers
- ← Military Essay
WHAT MAKES A MILITARY ESSAY WRITING PERFECT
HOW TO WRITE A GOOD ESSAY?
ORDER ESSAYS AT PRO-PAPERS
WHAT MAKES A MILITARY ESSAY WRITING PERFECT
The role of military service in life and safety of each separate country is priceless, as each officer, irrespective of his/her rank, status, and merits, serves for a good cause of the entire country and its civilians as well. Nonetheless, to become such person, it is often important to know a lot about the past, the present and possible future of your country. History of each country teaches its citizens what needs to be done not to make the same mistakes twice, and very often, the price of such mistakes is human lives.
That is where a military service comes into force, any army is created to protect the integrity of a specific country, it is its primary role, but sometimes an army is created to conquer a certain territory. To become a real defender of your country and its citizens, it is necessary to learn a ton of information and develop many skills that will be useful when the time comes. The history of soldiery training is vast and complex, as it is written with the blood of those who fell in numerous battles.
Nowadays, to acquire all these skills, a person needs to get into a chosen military academy or school, and the first step on the way to the dreamed position is writing a unique military essay to stand out from the rest of the applicants. Knowledge and understanding of your strengths and weaknesses are key points if you want to write at least a decent work. As a proverb says “practice makes perfect,” the same rule works with any type of military essays and the training itself. It is worth adding that such essays constitute an important part of the soldiery training program, as cadets need to master many skills, for example, critical thinking, tactics, commitment, attention to minute details, physical strength and compliance with approved manuals and rules.
HOW TO WRITE A GOOD ESSAY?
First of all, to tailor a winning application paper, for instance, it is necessary to choose a sphere and a topic for the paper. While there are quite a few great military essay topics on the web, try coming up with one yourself first. Many applicants tend to focus on past events and give critical analysis or review to memorable battles or events, but you are free to concentrate on possible future. By doing so you have a chance of demonstrating yourself as a good tactician, but be extremely opinionated when making such a decision as it may affect the whole paper.
Make sure to stick to military essay format required, and be very careful structuring the paper – that is where a lot of writers, even good ones, often make their biggest mistakes. Once you learned everything you need about the formatting and basic essay requirements, you should focus on creating a catching introductory sentence to gain the officers’ attention right from the start. Do not try to bite more than you can chew; it is better to prove yourself as a person willing to work hard and learn than a foolish boaster in the eyes of application committee officers.
As you may know, there are different types of works like this, for example, military accountability, argumentative, or appearance essays, and each of these types defines the content of the work. That is why research is so important here, especially if you are a newcomer and know almost nothing about the given subject.
Be prepared to make all efforts to tailor a well-structured and reasoned paper, and it may result in the need to make multiple revisions, as well as to add, delete, alter, and rewrite the text. If you feel unsatisfied with the way your paper is structured, look at a few quality military essay examples and see whether you like the way any of them is organized. Afterward, decide what would be the better structure for your work, and make the necessary changes.
Finally, remember about grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Check doubtful parts on the spot, when you still remember about it and do not leave until better days. In the worst-case-scenario, give it to someone who may proofread the work and find all the mistakes and weak places (if any). Remember, writing a persuasive essay is what you should aim for on the first place. Thus, make sure you sound like someone who is ready for the military and will be dedicated to serving the country for life. Before submitting an essay, check whether you like the written part of the work and prepare to wait for the result.
ORDER ESSAYS AT PRO-PAPERS
The internet is full of writing tips, recommendations, and free essay samples, but these things do not guarantee success or positive result of your application. Pro-Papers is the company that can offer professional academic assistance to those who need help with the papers of any kind. When you buy essays online from us, we always ensure you receive a top-notch paper within the deadline you requested. We hire only professional writers to tailor papers for our clients, and our Support Team is always online to give a useful advice about the order placement process or anything else related to our services.
We are ready to provide our assistance anytime you might need it, so go ahead and purchase the best MBA essays or any other types of works at our writing service. Trust us with your writing assignments, and let us show you what the real quality work looks like.
|Writing from scratch|
3Cause and Effect essay
7Creative writing essay
- How it works
- Referral program
- Video tutorials
- Legal and Policies
- Formatting & Style guides
- Plagiarism checker
- Dissertation Services
- Essay Papers
- Research Papers
- Review Papers
- Term paper
- Contact us
- skype call
- online call
- [email protected]
© Copyright 2018 Pro-papers. All rights reserved.
Stasinou 1, Mitsi building 1, 1st floor, Flat/Office 4, Plateia Eleftherias. Registration number – HE 334208.