↑ Return to College Essay
Essay about life and friendship – Exemplification Essay
In my exemplification essay, I intend to show examples of friendship and how they may occur in real-life situations. I shall take examples from the experiences of other students in my college.
Defining friendship as it occurs in real life
A friendship occurs when a bond is made between two people that go beyond being an acquaintance. A friendship that is healthy should contain respect, where both people respect each other in a somewhat equal fashion. The two should also care about the fate of the other, and may also care about the emotional and physical wellbeing of the other. A friendship may also include acts, be they of kindness or in general, that work for the best interest of the other without requiring anything tangible in return.
Example 1 – acts of kindness without requiring anything in return
An example of this includes when a young man was dumped by the girlfriend he was living with. The relationship had gone on since school up into college whereupon the two had moved in together. The man’s friend, upon discovering that his friend was moving out of the house he and his girlfriend shared, went over the help him move out of his house into a family member’s house.
Example 2 – acting in the best interest of the other person
A young woman repeatedly saw the partner of her friend flirt with other women and he appeared on many occasions to be taking it a little too far. The woman did not want to tell her friend just in case she was overreacting, plus it may have damaged their relationship. Instead, she spoke to one of the women that the man was flirting with and convinced her to show her girlfriend the text messages that the man had been sending her. That way her friend was able to see what her boyfriend was up to without it damaging the friendship between the two women.
Example 3 – providing support for the other person without any tangible reward
There are numerous occasions in college when students have gone out of their way to be there for their friends during times of illness and grief without ever receiving anything in return. One may assume that if material rewards were not received that maybe they hoped the other would provide the same type of support when they were ill or upset, and yet there are many times when the person giving never receives it back (possibly because it was not needed) and yet the friendship remained strong.
There are plenty of examples of friendship in a real-life situation where people do things for other people without any sort of tangible reward. There are occasions when a friend looks out for another person’s interests, and times when acts of kindness are given because of friendship alone. There is an argument to be had around if the actual friendship is reward in itself, which would then mean that acts of kindness and caring are still motivated by self-interest.
Follow Us on Social Media
Get more free essays
Most useful resources for students:
- Free Essays Download
- Writing Tools List
- Proofreading Services
- Universities Rating
Lona graduated from Los Angeles City College. While being a lecturer in several high school institutions Lona founded an online educational project Tutorsclass. Read more
I studied education and currently work as a tutor for school-age children. I’ve worked as a volunteer in many different international social projects and as a camp counselor every summer. Read more
Find more useful services for students
Free plagiarism check
Check your paper for free
On-line tool. No downloads
Easy and usable report
Only real editors
24/7 online tutoring
Help with testpreparation
Free grammar check
Check your paper for mistakes
Grammar and spelling ckecker
100% free service
Having to write an exemplification essay sounds like a very complex task, but it isn’t as difficult as most students imagine. This is a type of argumentative essay with the specific thing being that you have to use examples to support your argument. This naturally requires more in-depth research and a careful selection of a topic too. Check out 100 exemplification essay topics for various college courses. Most are suitable for high school students too.
If finding a proper topic for your exemplification essay is only the beginning of your problems, there is a way to make them go away. It is often the processes of writing and editing that can bring depression and frustration to students. The modern society has the key to solving this problem. The world of digital advancements lets you not only order pizza from anywhere via your phone but also find a decent and cheap writing service . You can easily order any type of essay without leaving your room.
Government and Politics
- Should political parties receive state funding?
- Should election voting be done solely online?
- Does immigration increase the risk of terrorism?
- Does the welfare state have a positive impact on the national economy?
- Do plurality voting systems offer fair political representation of all voters?
- The role of the first lady in modern times
- Do election forecasts affect the choice of voters?
- The best ways for the government to spend budget surpluses
- Should people sacrifice some of their privacy for getting higher security?
- How important are communication skills for modern politicians?
- Should marijuana be decriminalized?
- The best legal measures for preventing mass shootings
- Should gun regulations become stricter?
- Should cults be banned?
- Should euthanasia become legal?
- Should the use of drones be regulated?
- Do modern antitrust laws really benefit consumers?
- Should texting while driving become illegal everywhere?
- Should farm animals receive greater legal protection?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Do students in single-gender schools learn more effectively?
- Should there be religion classes in schools?
- Do students from well-off families do better in school?
- Are teachers doing enough to deal with the problem of bullying in school?
- Can a person have a successful career without college education?
- Does music help students to learn better?
- Should students be given the opportunity to grade their teachers?
- Is there gender discrimination in higher education institutions?
- The impact of participation in youth sports on academic performance
- Until what age should parents help children with their homework?
- Should all colleges have the same minimum admission requirements?
Business and Economics
- The role of online payment system in international trade
- Are payday loans good for the economy?
- Do social media have a positive impact on local businesses?
- The impact of Amazon on ecommerce
- The impact of the fall of the Soviet Union on world economy
- Does informal leading have a positive impact on employee productivity?
- The impact of free trade on small local businesses
- Does working from home improve employee productivity?
- Should new businesses be granted interest-free loans?
- The historical figure with the greatest impact on the course of history
- Is trade responsible for the flourishing of Athenian Democracy?
- The role of wars for the rise of dictators in the 20th century
- Is social inequality a major cause of revolutions?
- The role of water in the development of the earliest civilizations
- The role of symbolism in poetry
- Is emotion the main driving force behind the actions of 19th century novel characters?
- The role of the chorus in Ancient Greek plays
- Is hyperbole prominent in folktales?
- The role of personification in the works of your favorite poet
- Should people under 18 be banned from using social networks?
- Are smartphones responsible for the rising cases of burnout?
- Can technology cause the extinction of manual labor jobs?
- Does being more connected make people more alone?
- The impact of smartphones on the way modern students study
- Are online reviews trustworthy?
- Will tablets become obsolete?
- Could voice assistants control our decisions one day?
- Is the growing population among the main causes of global warming?
- Does the future belong to the passive house?
- The impact of climate change on the national economy
- Should nuclear energy production be banned?
- Can there be “peaceful coexistence” between farmers and wild animals in Africa?
- Can all homes be made to produce their own energy?
Media and Entertainment
- Does political correctness have a negative impact on the freedom of speech?
- The impact of product placement in TV shows
- The role of modern feminist on the portrayal of historic female characters in movies
- The role of social media for the rise of fake news
- Do TV shows present the ethnical diversity in our society?
- Sexism in superhero movies
- Does Pokemon Go have an overall positive impact on children?
- Is the life of reality TV stars staged?
- Are live theatre performances more inspiring than movies?
- Are child stars robbed of their childhood?
Family and Social Matters
- Should children receive physical punishment?
- Do ambitious parents really motivate their children to do better?
- Should all children’s toys be gender-neutral?
- Can polygamy result in healthy relationships?
- Do modern children grow up too fast because of technology?
- Does being yourself help for success?
- Is gender discrimination common in the modern corporate world?
- The impact frequent moving has on children
- Do parents have different hopes for their sons and daughters?
- The impact of sexting on intimacy
- Does bribing children to behave has a positive impact?
- Are the most successful people also the happiest?
- Should national charities help people in other countries?
Health and Nutrition
- Should obese children be refused sugary foods?
- Is self-help the best way to treat mild to moderate depression?
- Does getting out of one’s comfort zone help to overcome social anxiety?
- Is celebrity culture responsible for eating disorders in young people?
- Are fast food restaurants among the major factors behind rising obesity levels?
- Can drinking from plastic bottles be dangerous for the health?
- Can artificial colorings in food cause ADHD?
- Should organ donation be encouraged?
- Can genetic engineering help to eradicate genetic disorders?
- Should herbs and spices be used in baby food?
- Is socialization the main reason why teenagers start smoking?
- Are sugary drinks among the major causes of obesity?
- Is materialism responsible for the growing number of people with mental health problems?
Developed by bookwormhub
- essay sample
Exemplification essays, which are also called illustration essays , are considered one of the easiest papers to write. However, even the easiest tasks require some experience and practice. So, if you are not experienced enough in writing exemplification essays, you will face certain challenges.
If this is the case, you should definitely start with finding and analyzing free examples of exemplification essays. It will not take too much time to find them online. Or, you can ask a teacher for help who can also provide you with sample exemplification essays from his/her collection.
So, it will not be a problem to find good exemplification essay examples. Yet, what are you going to do with them? What particular points should you pay attention to in order to make your own paper?
Here, at https://Custom-writing.org , are a couple of hints on how to work with exemplification essays examples.
Examples of exemplification essays: a thesis statement
Like any other paper, your exemplification essay cannot go without a thesis statement. Thus, check whether all examples of exemplification essays found have thesis statements and see how they are organized.
Examples of exemplification essays: giving examples
Providing necessary examples is the key point of this kind of paper. This part in sample exemplification essays should be analyzed thoroughly.
You need to answer some questions when analyzing exemplification essay examples:
- How many examples are used to explain the main point?
- Are they relevant and detailed enough?
- What types of examples are used in sample exemplification essays? Examples can be brief and extended. So, decide which particular type was used in examples of an exemplification essay and whether it helped to disclose the main point.
Our writers are ready to help you with any other essay type, for instance, descriptive essays .
- Camilla Posted:
Thanks for clarification in regard of using examples in exemplification essays. I feel able to write an illustration essay/exemplification essay myself… thanks to your instructive guidelines!Reply
- Brian Lee Posted:
Thanks for dedicating the entire article to examples of exemplification essays. This article is of great help to me as I’m working on this type of assignment. Keep it up!Reply
Top 100 Free Ideas for Argumentative/Persuasive Essay Topics
How to Start a Student Autobiography: Easy Guide + Free Example
Childhood Memories Essays: 10 Brilliant Writing Ideas
Report Writing: TOP Tips on How to Properly Write a Report
Have a question or a blog post suggestion?
- Career Tips
- Citation Styles
- Company News
- Custom Essay Writing: the Insiders
- ESL Resources: Free Online Resources for Learning English
- Everything About College
- How to Succeed in Studying
- Time Out for Your Brain
- Writing Tips
- Free Article Writing Tips
- Free Critique Paper Writing Tips
- Free Dissertation Writing Tips
- Free Essay Writing Tips
- Free Report Writing Tips
- Free Research Paper Writing Tips
- Free Term Paper Writing Tips
Top-notch study tips for A+ students
Unfortunately, your browser is too old to work on this site.