- Academic Scholarships
- Where Can I Find an…
- Biomedical Sciences FAQs
- Medical and Health FAQs
- Education and Career FAQs
Where Can I Find an Anatomy and Physiology Course Online?
Many healthcare-related career programs, such as those for becoming a nurse or physician’s assistant, require anatomy and physiology as prerequisites. You can find courses online through community colleges or distance and extension programs in four-year colleges and universities. Course delivery methods, fees and requirements vary from school to school.
Anatomy & Physiology degrees
can also be found in these popular
Online Anatomy and Physiology Courses Overview
As universities and colleges have been transferring their material into online formats, more and more courses have become available for distance learning. One such subject is anatomy and physiology, which can now be found in a number of online programs for various schools. These courses offer instruction that is identical to that which is provided in on-campus courses and allow busy students with work or other commitments to create their own schedule.
Important Facts About Online Anatomy and Physiology Courses
|Program Levels||Undergraduate, graduate|
|Prerequisites||High school diploma or equivalent for undergraduate courses; graduate courses may require a bachelor’s degree or current college enrollment|
|Degree Fields of Study||Human Physiology, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Anatomy & Physiology|
|Possible Careers||Physician, surgeon, occupational therapist, physical therapist|
Ocean County College
Ocean County College’s online course teaches students about the basics of human anatomy and physiology. Suggested prerequisites for this class include passing grades in at least high school chemistry and biology. Topics in this course include the history of the cell, the integumentary system, muscular and nervous systems, and tissues.
Oregon Institute of Technology
Oregon Tech Online provides a three-course sequence in anatomy and physiology. These studies generally satisfy many allied health program requirements. Labs are included as interactive videos and material is presented through lectures and online drawings and images. The sequence, which consists of Anatomy and Physiology I – III, provides introductory and more advanced studies in body control and support systems, human movement and cell biology.
University of North Carolina Online
This school, located in Chapel Hill, NC, offers a basic, bachelor’s degree-level course in human anatomy and physiology. In order to take this course, you must be a student of the University of North Carolina and enrolled in either a degree or non-degree academic program. Credit can be transferred to degree programs at other universities.
University of California – Berkeley (U.C. Berkeley)
The U.C. Berkeley Extension program offers online, introductory courses in anatomy and physiology. The course titles are ‘Introduction to Human Physiology’ and ‘General Human Anatomy’. You’ll have access to your instructor and fellow students through message boards and class chat rooms. While the program is considered self-paced, the school suggests that you can count on one month of study time per semester unit so you’re staying current with the class.
This is a 3-unit course, so you should be able to complete it in three months; you have a maximum of six months to complete the course from the time of enrollment. The prerequisite for this course is a year of college or high school chemistry. At the end of the course, you’ll sit for a proctored exam at a site which is approved by the school.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information.
Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below:
- 2. More Articles
- What is Anatomy and Physiology?
- What is Required to Earn an Anatomy and Physiology Certificate?
- Where Can I Find Free Online Anatomy and Physiology Classes?
content but are popular choices among our users. Tuition and costs will vary across programs and locations.
Be sure to always request tuition information before starting a program.
Find Schools, Degrees or Programs
choices among our users. Tuition and costs will vary across programs and locations. Be sure to always request tuition information
starting a program.
Avg. Wages For Related Jobs
According to the BLS.gov
- What’s the Difference Between Anatomy and Physiology?
Find out how anatomy and physiology differ, as well as why the two topics are often taught…
- Anatomy and Physiology Courses
Anatomy and physiology courses cover the organization and function of the human body and its…
- Anatomy and Physiology Training and Certificate Programs
Courses in anatomy and physiology cover the basic structures and functions of the human body….
- Online Anatomy and Physiology Courses
Classes in anatomy and physiology are essential in the health or science field; they can be…
- How to Become an Exercise Physiologist in 5 Steps
Research what it takes to become an exercise physiologist. Learn about education requirements,…
- What is Human Physiology?
Human physiology is the study of human organs and of the cells that make them up. An…
- What is Histology?
- What are Common Careers in the Life Sciences?
- Nuclear Medicine Practitioner Schools
- How Can I Become a Medical Radiographer?
- How Can I Become a Physical Therapist Technician?
- Master’s Degree Programs in Cardiac Sonography
View More Articles
What is Exercise Physiology? – Video
What Does a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Do? – Video
Education & Career Research
- Online Programs
- Online Associate’s Degrees
- Online Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Doctorate Degrees
- Online Master’s Degrees
- Career Profiles
- Colleges By State and Field of Study
- Education and Career FAQs
- Educational Roadmaps
- OpenCourseWare Rankings
- School Rankings
- Student Saver Blog
Specialized Degree Programs
- Biological Sciences Degrees
- Cellular Biology and Anatomy
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Cellular Biology Degrees
- Developmental Biology and Embryology
- Vocational Teaching Certification and Certificate Programs
- Optometry Majors: Schools and Programs
- Online Canine Nutrition Degrees and Courses
- MOS Certification and Classes
- Online Health Care Administration Classes and Schools
- Online Community Counseling Degree Programs
- Where Can I Find Online Surgical Tech Degree Programs?
- Where Can I Take EMT Certification & Training Classes in Washington, DC?
- How Do I Become a Project Manager?
- Which Colleges Have Accounting Degree Programs in the Milwaukee, WI Area?
- What is Educational Leadership?
View More Articles
Subscribe to RSS feed for
Biomedical Sciences FAQs
- About Us
© Copyright 2003-
2018 Learn.org, all rights reserved.
Subscribe to Student Saver
Free breaking news and coverage of savings in education