Best Online MBA Programs in Indiana
|Ball State University||Muncie|
|Grace College & Seminary||Winona Lake|
|Indiana Wesleyan University||Marion|
|Oakland City University||Oakland|
|University of Saint Francis||Fort Wayne|
|Indiana Institute of Technology||Fort Wayne|
|University of Southern Indiana||Evansville|
Indiana is home to more than 100 colleges and universities. Many of these schools house some of the best business schools in the nation and some even offer fully Online MBA Programs. Just a few include Kelly School of Business at Indiana University, DeVoe School of Business at Indiana Wesleyan University, and Miller College of Business at Ball State University. Let’s take a look at what these and other top Indiana business schools have to offer.
Indiana University, Bloomington
Kelley School of Business at Indiana University offers a flexible Online MBA Program that allows students to customize their experience by selecting 12 credit hours of electives to create a specialized area. Also called “Kelley Direct Online,” the online program takes just two years to complete and it also offers the opportunity for students to complete a dual MBA/MS degree with an MS in Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Finance, Global Supply Chain Management, Marketing or Strategic Management. Other unique opportunities for students include AGILE—Accelerating Global Immersion Leadership Education.
Offered each quarter, the AGILE curriculum features travel to places such as Gaborone, Botswana; Sao Paolo, Brazil; Beijing, China; New Delhi, India; Myanmar, and Johannesburg, South Africa. Kelley School of Business is Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and it:
- Ranked #1 in the Midwest in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 1% of schools considered)
- Ranked #2 Nationally in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 1% of schools considered)
- Ranked #2 Nationally among Public Schools and Colleges in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 2% of schools considered)
- Ranked #2 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report
Ball State University, Muncie
Miller College of Business at Ball State University offers a 30 credit hour Online MBA Program that may be completed in as few as two years. This AACSB accredited program offers five optional concentrations including Entrepreneurship, Finance, Health Economics, Policy and Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and Sales Management. An additional option is the General MBA, which allows students to customize their experience through a variety of course subjects.
Miller College of Business offers another delivery format option for students who prefer a combination of online and on-campus classes. The Hybrid MBA allows students to choose which classes they would like to take on-campus and which ones they prefer to complete online. Like students in the online program, most hybrid students enroll in an average of two courses each semester and typically complete the program in five to six semesters. In addition to AACSB accreditation, the Miller College of Business:
- Ranked #4 in the Midwest in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 4% of schools considered)
- Ranked #15 Nationally among Public Schools and Colleges in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 11% of schools considered)
- Ranked #17 Nationally in our 2016 Online MBA Program Rankings (top 5% of schools considered)
- Ranked #12 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report
Grace College & Seminary, Winona Lake
The School of Business at Grace College & Seminary offers a 36 credit hour MBA Program that may be completed entirely online. The program covers areas such as Business Ethics, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Operations Management, Financial Management, and Human Resource Management, to name a few. Students can expect to complete the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) accredited program in just two years.
Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion
DeVoe School of Business at Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) offers two Online MBA options—the International Business MBA and the Executive Management MBA. Both programs take 25 months to complete and students must complete 36 credit hours (13 courses) to graduate. According to DeVoe, “these Virtual MBA programs use advanced technologies comparable to Second Life® and other virtual world and gaming applications.” Students will become “a trainee in a virtual-reality company designed around an actual manufacturing company.” The DeVoe School of Business has regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and it is a member of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The school is currently a candidate for accreditation.
Oakland City University, Oakland City
The School of Business at Oakland City University offers an IACBE accredited Online MBA Program that takes as few as 18 months to complete. The 33 credit hour program covers the areas of communication, accounting, business research, management and ethics. Just a few course titles include Research Methods, Financial & Managerial Accounting, Management Information Systems, International Business Management, Strategic Management & Operational Planning, Leadership & Organizational Behavior, and Corporate Governance, Law & Ethics. The Oakland City University Online MBA Program is a “2016 Best Buy Regional Online MBA,” by GetEducated.com.
University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, Fort Wayne
The Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership at the University of Saint Francis offers two Online MBA Programs: the General MBA and the MBA in Sustainability. The 36- to 42-credit-hour programs may be completed in as little as 12 months. The Online MBA Programs at Saint Francis carry both regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) and specialty accreditation from the ACBSP.
Indiana Institute of Technology, Fort Wayne
The College of Business at Indiana Institute of Technology (Indiana Tech) offers the third “Most Affordable Online MBA Program” in America, according to College Choice. The program offers five concentrations including Accounting, Health Care, Human Resources, Management, and Marketing. The College of Business at Indiana Tech has been awarded the status of Candidate for Accreditation by IACBE.
University of Southern Indiana, Evansville
Romain College of Business at the University of Southern Indiana (USI) offers an Online MBA that features accelerated online classes set on a seven-week semester cycle. USI Romain also offers an In-Class & Online (mix) program that combines in-class traditional courses and online accelerated courses. The 30 credit hour program takes as few as 18 months to complete and three specialized options are available. They include the MBA in Data Analytics, the MBA in Engineering Management, and the MBA in Human Resources. Romain College of Business at USI is AACSB accredited.
While the schools listed above rank among the best, they are not the only options in the region. Students seeking a relatively local Online MBA option may want to consider the following programs in the neighboring states of Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio:
- Campbellsville University, Campbellsville
- Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green
- University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg
- Morehead State University, Morehead
- Murray State University, Murray
- Sullivan University, Louisville
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale
- Concordia University Chicago, River Forest
- McKendree University, Lebanon
- University of St. Francis-Joliet, Joliet
- American InterContinental University, Schaumburg
- DeVry University, Chicago, Downers Grove
- North Park University, Chicago
- Western Illinois University, Macomb
- Benedictine University Lisle
- Dominican University, River Forest
- Governors State University, University Park
- National Louis University, Chicago
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign
- Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant
- University of Michigan-Dearborn, Dearborn
- Andrews University, Berrien Springs
- Lawrence Technological University, Southfield
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids
- Kettering University, Flint
- Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids
- Davenport University, Grand Rapids
- Madonna University, Livonia
- Baker College, Flint
- Cleary University, Howell
- Michigan Technological University, Houghton
- Spring Arbor University, Spring Arbor
- Wayne State College, Wayne
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati
- Baldwin Wallace University, Berea
- Ohio University, Athens
- Walsh University, North Canton
- Franklin University, Columbus
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mt. Vernon
- Wright State University, Dayton
- Ashland University, Ashland
- Ohio Dominican University, Columbus
- Tiffin University, Tiffin
- University of Findlay, Findlay
- University of Northwestern Ohio, Lima
- Ursuline College, Pepper Pike
Best Online MBA Programs in Kentucky
Best Online MBA Programs in Illinois
Best Online MBA Programs in Ohio
Best Online MBA Programs in Michigan
Top 10 Online MBA Programs in the Midwest – 2016
Faith Based Colleges with Online MBA Programs
- MBA Degree
- MBA Rankings
- Top MBA Programs
- Most Affordable Online MBA Programs
- Online MBA No GMAT
- Online MBA Programs
- ASU Online MBA
- Indiana University Online MBA
- Rutgers Online MBA
- Temple U Online MBA
- UNC Online MBA
- Accredited Online Colleges
- Most Affordable Accredited Online Colleges
- Online Colleges that Offer Laptops
- Accredited Online Medical Assistant Programs
- Accredited Respiratory Therapy Schools Programs
- Fastest Accelerated Online Degrees
- Studies Stats
Indiana University Online MBA
The Indiana University Bloomington online MBA program is designed for working individuals who want to earn their degree. This program is backed by the gold standard in accreditation; the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Indiana University has a rolling application, which is applicable to both domestic as well as international students. Applications for domestic students for spring semester is generally the first of February, while the fall deadline is usually the first of July. The deadline for international students, spring semester is generally the first few days in January, while the fall semester deadline is usually the first of June.
Indiana University Bloomington has an acceptance rate of 83% and students have an average GMAT score of 641.
Indiana University is ranked #3 in US News and World Report’s Best Online MBA Programs list.
Other rankings include:
#1 in Best Online Graduate Business Programs (Excluding MBA)
#3 in Best Online MBA Programs
#22 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Education Programs
#54 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor’s Programs
Indiana University Bloomington Online MBA Tuition (Kelley)
The tuition cost for the Indiana University online MBA program is $1300 per credit. However, there is an additional charge of $30 per credit for distance education. This MBA program requires 51 credit hours, to bring the total of tuition to approximately $67,830. However, this number does not apply to students who are receiving their MBA through the Corporate Partnership Program. Additionally there are supplies that are needed for classes, which will run about $100 per course.
Paying for Your Degree
Indiana University does offer scholarships for the online MBA program, which are merit based. These scholarships are awarded on:
- Application Strength
- Professional Experience
- GMAT Scores
- Academic Performance
Students who are selected to receive these scholarships will be informed at the same time admission to the MBA program is offered.
Executive Degree Program
- Several companies have signed up with Indiana University and Kelley Direct to offer degrees at low to no cost to students.
Federal Student Loans
- Students may borrow up to $20,500 per year from the government for education. This is known as the Stafford Loan.
- Many students choose to finance their education, housing and meals through personal loans. Generally these loans are from banks and credit unions.
- Students who have served in the military may be able to receive tuition assistance.
Third Party Sponsorship
- Students that work for a company that will pay for tuition have the option of having their tuition billed to a third party sponsor.
The Indiana University online MBA program requires students to take 39 credits of core classes.
- Topics in Directed Business Interaction – Credits 1.5 – Introduction to career management.
- Economics for Managers – Credits 3 – Teaches economic decision making.
- Quantitative Analysis – Credits 3 – Boosts basic math and statistics skills.
- Accounting – Credits 3 – Emphasis on product cost, investments, basic money matters.
- Strategic Marketing Management – Credits 3 – Teaches business strategies.
- Operations Management – Credits 3 – Emphasis on process analysis, workforce issues, etc.
- Financial Management – Credits 3 – Teaches basic elements to business finances.
- Strategic Management and Business Planning – Credits 3 – Emphasis on creating a business plan.
- Topics in Directed Business Analysis – Credit 1.5 – Creating a live business recommendation.
- Information Technology – Credits 3 – Teaches support system acquisition and implementation.
- Global Business – Credits 3 – Discusses the state of the U.S. economy and how it relates to business.
- Business Law – Credits 3 – Teaches basic laws that pertain to business.
- Developing Strategic Capabilities – Credits 3 – Provides tools for long-term business strategies.
- Integrative Team Capstone – Credits 3 – Team effort in creating business plans.
Students have the opportunity to choose classes that will enhance their degree concentration for the remaining 12 credits.
The Washington Campus is a 5 days long course that is designed to help students understand government and business. This also helps students to understand how the two elements intermingle.
Accelerating Global Immersion Leadership Education (AGILE)
Indiana University MBA program allows students to study abroad with other top business schools around the world. Current places include:
- Gaborone, Botswana
- Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Beijing, China
- New Delhi, India
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Dual MBA Degrees
While working towards your online MBA at Indiana University, you can also earn a second degree at the same time–dual MBA degree. During this process, many classes overlap both degrees, leaving you with generally, only 12 credit hours remaining to fulfill the requirements for your MS degree as well.
- Strategic Management
- Business Analytics
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Post Graduate Earnings & Experience
- Average income of students entering the program – $75,746
- Average income of new graduates – $105,000
- Average signing bonus – $22,000
- Other Compensation – $10,000
- 3 Months Post Graduation – 100%
1218 S 300 E Ste 425
Draper, UT 84020